Coconut oil is undeniably rich source of necessary fatty acids (98%), valuable vitamins (B, B2, B3, B6, C, E), folic acid and minerals (potassium, calcium, iron, zinc, magnesium, phosphorus). No wonder, that we are so willing to reach for it in the kitchen, but also during everyday beauty rituals, like oil treatment.
To what can we use coconut oil in beauty treatment?
1. As a base for softening and smoothing lotions.
2. Instead of traditional body lotion.
3. To make deodorant with coconut oil base.
4. As an equivalent for make-up removers for face and eyes.
5. As a cream for pregnant women, against stretch marks.
6. For skin regeneration in burnt areas.
7. As a base for mineral toothpaste.
8. Instead of baby cream.
9. For skin protection during sunbath (coconut oil has SPF 4).
10. As an ingredient of home made lotions and creams.
11. As a skin care product for babies with cradle cap.
12. As a moisturising night cream.
13. As a base for sugar scrub.
14. Instead of lip balm.
15. To accelerate regeneration and healing process of wounds and infections.
16. As a natural coconut oil for body massage.
17. For oil treatment of frizzing and wild hair.
18. As a body lotion for intimate hygiene after pregnancy.
19. To apply on nostrils to make allergies symptoms less awkward.
20. In the local healing of fungus infection, e.g. feet.
21. As a natural hair conditioner before hair wash.
22. To sooth symptoms of psoriasis, eczema and atopic eczema.
23. As a cream for sensitive and irritated skin.
24. Coconut oil with apple cider vinegar as a home made remedy for head lice.
25. As a base for natural sun cream.
26. Coconut oil mixed with oil with oregano for stronger gums.
27. As a base for a natural insect deterrent measure.
28. To eliminate problem of visible varicose veins.
29. In case of sunburns to sooth and heal.
30. As an equivalent for artificial, chemical grease.